Fire Safety Advisor Rate Increases in Los Angeles County
December 29, 2017
On Dec. 18, 2017 the County of Los Angeles Fire Department issued a memo noting increases to the Fire Safety Advisor (“FSA”) rates. Please see below for current rates as well as recent and upcoming rate changes.
Los Angeles County
Fire Safety Advisor (FSA) rates:
- For the first eight hours: Prior rate of $51.67 per hour increases to $52.70 per hour as of Jan. 1, 2018 (with a four hour minimum).
- Eight to 12 hours (1.5X): Prior rate of $77.51 per hour increases to $79.05 per hour as of Jan. 1, 2018.
- After 12 hours (2X): Prior rate of $103.34 per hour increases to $105.40 per hour as of Jan. 1, 2018.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department (“LACoFD”) has provided a few reminders regarding working conditions for FSAs:
- All job assignments are for a minimum of four hours per day; time-and-one-half applies after an eight-hour day and double-time is received for jobs that last 12 hours or longer. Daily general overtime provisions apply as specified by State law.
- Hours worked shall be continuous from call-time to wrap. There are to be no split shifts and no deductions for meal times.
- The production company is responsible to pay the FSA the four-hour minimum rate when assigned to a production. If the FSA is no longer needed, and to cancel the request, the production company must notify the FSA Dispatch Center at (562) 806-5585 by 12 p.m., one business day prior to the end of production.
- The production company is responsible for providing meals to the FSA at no additional cost.
- FSAs are former employees of the LACoFD and are not covered by the Department’s workers’ compensation insurance policy.
For further information, please contact LaborCompliance@castandcrew.com.
The proceeding information is provided for informational purposes only, should not be construed as or relied upon as legal advice and is subject to change without notice. If you have questions concerning particular situations, specific payroll administration or labor relations issues, please contact your counsel.