Coronavirus Preparedness: CAPS Service Continuity Update
March 13, 2020
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) health concern evolves, we want to update you regarding the actions we are taking to keep our employees safe while prioritizing your payroll processing and business needs.
We share in the concern that everyone in the broader community feels during this challenging time. The impact on our industry cannot be underestimated and CAPS is committed to maintaining a high level of service to our valued clients as well as the production employee community.
Last week, we informed you that CAPS activated our comprehensive Business Continuity Plan designed to mitigate any potential service interruption. Since then, our Business Continuity Team has been actively monitoring the increasing effects of COVID-19 around the clock and has implemented the necessary steps to transition to a remote workforce.
For the safety and welfare of our employees, we have enabled a portion of our staff to work efficiently and productively from home. Additional elements of our Business Continuity Plan are ready to be activated should they become necessary; specifically:
• Contingencies to maintain critical services and the continued processing of payroll
• Contact with unions/guilds to ensure open communication
• Flexible work options for a greater portion of our workforce
• The distribution of our workload across nine alternate offices and additional secure, third-party work sites
We are continually monitoring the situation and adjusting our business guidelines and operational practices in accordance with the recommendations of the World Health Organization, CDC, and state and local health authorities. These efforts include:
• Lowering the density of our in-office workforce
• Emphasizing that employees stay home when sick
• Providing visual reminders about respiratory etiquette and proper hand hygiene
• Restricting offsite meetings and travel
• Elevating our routine environmental cleaning protocols
We encourage you to visit the CDC’s website for up-to-date information on how to keep your family and yourself safe. Meanwhile, we will continue to respond to the latest on COVID 19 with client service and employee safety top of mind.
We will stay connected with you as the situation evolves. Thank you for your partnership.
Cast & Crew