Cast & Crew is a leading provider of payroll services and production accounting services to the Entertainment Industry. Through service offices in Burbank, New York, Baton Rouge, Albuquerque, Toronto and Vancouver, Cast & Crew provides ATL and BTL payroll services to the Motion Picture, Television and Commercial Industries and offers its comprehensive PSL family of production accounting software.
The Network Engineer will perform the day-to-day activities and operations of the network and coordinate the use of additional support resources with the Manager of Operations, provide technical consultation and coordination services, diagnose and resolve highly technical networking and related system problems, formulate new procedures, coordinate network software and hardware installations\upgrades, and make recommendations to improve the network infrastructure while following the change control process.
- As part of a small team, build and enhance financial business application software for the entertainment industry
- Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- Follow best practices related to coding, testing and building software using Java in a continuous integration environment
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
Technology and Systems Knowledge
- 6+ years of network experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Expert level understanding and experience with routing and switching technologies.
- Expert level understanding and experience with 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN
- Expert level understanding and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, EIGRP, OSPF
- Advanced level understanding and experience with storage protocols, specifically FCP, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, FTP, FCIP
- Advanced level understanding and experience with firewall and load balancer technologies (e.g. F5)
- Advanced level understanding and experience with IPSEC VPN(s) tunnels.
- Experience with Cisco Routing and Switching platforms like Catalyst 6500/7600, ASR 900, Nexus, MDS and GSR
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with high availability environment (e.g. 99.99% SLA, redundancy)
- Experience with MPLS Routing and Switching
- Good oral communication skills and is comfortable in group or small team settings
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to take highly technical material and present\communicate it to a non-technical audience
Business Acumen and Process Knowledge
- Builds excellent working relations with all IT colleagues and users, works effectively with department and executive management, and maintains a professional relationship with outside clients
Planning, Organizing, Prioritizing, Delivering
- Demonstrates a continually growing knowledge of Company's internal business practices, processes and the daily IT operational needs of the users
- Excellent ability to work closely with multiple vendors
- Ability to assess\evaluate multiple products and recommend the best solution for business requirements
- Exhibits mature organization and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively plans and organizes daily work following priorities set by the Engineering manager and help desk tickets when appropriate
- Demonstrates strong follow-up and follow-through skills in ensuring timely completion of projects and end user support
- Self-starter who actively takes responsibility to resolve technical problems but also knows when to ask questions to avoid major delays in delivery of work product
- 8+ years of work experience as a network engineer
- 6+ years of work experience with Cisco products
- Bachelor's degree in the IT field, science field, or equivalent work experience
- Cisco certification is a plus
- Experience with F5 switch and\or Palo Alto firewalls is a plus
- Experience in the Entertainment Industry is a plus
- SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
OR: Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
Include: Introduction Paragraph about yourself