Associate Corporate Counsel
Cast & Crew is a leading provider of payroll services and production accounting services to the Entertainment Industry. Through service offices in Burbank, New York, Baton Rouge, Albuquerque, Toronto and Vancouver, Cast & Crew provides ATL and BTL payroll services to the Motion Picture, Television and Commercial Industries and offers its comprehensive PSL family of production accounting software.
This position provides in-house legal advice and solutions for a wide range of complex legal challenges in the areas of contract law, with an emphasis on contract drafting and interpretation, in addition to providing guidance on regulatory matters including labor relations. Responsible for handling a broad range of legal issues central to operating company commercial contracts, financing, compliance and employment issues.
- Prepare and review a variety of legal documents while managing various legal matters and acting as a liaison with outside counsel.
- Management of corporate legal matters, corporate record preparation, maintenance, and compliance.
- Draft and negotiate employee and organized labor agreements, contracts and other legal documents including confidentiality and non-compete agreements, memoranda on legal research and severance agreements.
- Manage Contract Administration and Setup department.
- Provide practical, timely, business oriented legal services to assist the company in meeting its business objectives through a deep understanding of the laws, rules and regulations applicable to the company’s business
- Analyze complex business and legal issues/risks in order to advance practical business-oriented solutions while collaborating with others at all levels in the company and third party advisors
- Provide legal support to departments in managing their risks with regard to contract administration.
- Responsible for researching, writing, reviewing and assisting in the negotiation of agreements, licenses and other legal documents, which include marketing and promotion agreements, sales agreements, and facilities and other service and procurement agreements.
- Advise and analyze risk on employment law matters, including hiring, termination, discipline, accommodation, leave, wage and hour compliance, etc.
- Advise and support the Human Resources department in a timely and useful manner in response to specific needs and inquires.
- Advise the company on regulatory issues, industry matters and the development and enhancement of internal policies and procedures.
- Provide transaction support and make recommendations to the company fully weighing business and legal risks on the course of action that comply with legal practices at the company and in the industry.
- Assist in strategic projects and other matters. Projects will include contract drafting and negotiating analysis of legal issues and execution of strategies related to such issues, corporate governance, coordination on intellectual property matters and assist in certain compliance areas such as privacy and data security.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Focused on meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with customers
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Accepts and promotes continuous improvement
- Overcomes barriers to achieve success
- Allocates own time efficiently
- Prioritizes and handles multiple demands
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written that is client facing (diplomatic, persuasive)
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Crafts and delivers various communication types by applying appropriate techniques, media, language, etc.
- Comfortable in group or one-on-one settings
- Strategic thinker able to drill down to the analytics with a detail-oriented focus on individual tasks and assignments
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks under daily deadlines
- Able to work with business leaders from multiple disciplines in a collaborative fashion
- Excellent legal reasoning and analytical skills
- Use several analytical techniques to identify various solutions and weigh the value of each
- Champion methods, procedures, systems or process improvements which reduce time and effort
- Identify, report and manage key performance indicators and key results areas to achieve an environment of continuous improvement
- Takes full responsibility for outcomes
- Exhausts all avenues to complete assignments
- Follows through on commitments and agreements
- Assumes personal ownership; does not blame or justify
- Resolves problems in a quick and decisive manner
- Exercises diplomacy and in managing conflict
- Is extremely well organized and accustomed to maintaining meticulous records
- Solves a problem by analyzing its component parts and identifying the key or underlying issues
- Actively assists with daily allocation of resources and coordinate activities across concurrent work streams
- Effectively transfers knowledge to others in the workgroup, solicit feedback and take appropriate actions
- Oversees individuals or multiple functions within a workgroup
- Provides clear direction and focus
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve goals
- Establishes clear roles and responsibility
- Ability to accurately assess and develop the skills and competencies of others
- Includes coaching and the use of delegation as a development approach
- Gives frequent and accurate feedback based on fact and not opinions
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Treats people with respect
- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Is tactful and uses diplomacy
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Capable of diffusing tense situations comfortably
- Works collaboratively with others at all levels in the organization
- Willingly shares information
- Works with team to solve problems and resolve issues
- Thinks “we” not “I”; works for best solution rather than own solution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in house or at a reputable law firm
- Juris Doctor from an accredited school of law
- Member in good standing of the California Bar Association
- Experience handling a broad range of legal issues central to an operating company, commercial contracts, and labor relations
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing complex business issues and legal issues/risks in order to advance practical business-oriented solutions
- Strong contract review, drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience conducting acquisition due diligence a plus
- SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
OR: Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
Include: Introduction Paragraph about yourself